The Jobs Fund has opened the next funding window for applications, focusing on innovation – specifically projects that will create jobs in an innovative manner, either on a large scale or through a systemic impact.
Key criteria against which the projects will be evaluated include (see the Jobs Fund Eligibility Criteria document below for the full set of criteria):
- Matched funding – 1:1 cash co-funding ratio (projects must be able to contribute 50% of the project cost themselves, in cash);
- Minimum grant size of R10m and maximum of R100m (this means a minimum total project size of R20m);
- Compliance with administrative requirements (tax clearance certificates and annual financial statements for two years);
- Applicant must be solvent, have been operating for more than than two years (these criteria apply specifically to the lead applicant);
- Applicants or partners to have a track record of more than three years of technical experience in the area of interest.
The evaluation is based on a two-stage evaluation:
- Stage 1: Concept Note – Closes 1 February 2016, 15:00
- Stage 2: Full Business Plan
Briefing sessions were held in Port Elizabeth and East London – you can download the briefing presentation and the information on the eligibility on the following links:
Alternatively, visit the Jobs Fund website at www.jobsfund.org.za.